As a Senior Software Engineer , you will be responsible for creating solutions to business problems through the design and programming of applications. You will also be involved in all aspects of application development including analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and interval applications and may provide work leadership to other members on staff.
• Providing technical input for Software Engineers and analysts including, setting priorities, and providing Proof of Concepts, coaching, reviewing work products and the reporting of team activities.
• Providing strong technical skills, with hands-on development in Apache Spark, Scala, Cassandra data modeling, administration and other technologies in the Big Data landscape
• Providing Industry best practices and proof of concepts on latest technology trends
• Monitoring compliance with statements of policies and procedures to assure that proper documentation is maintained and that the required quality controls are implemented
• Coordinating and mentoring consultants and Software Engineers assigned to projects or support activities. Reviewing deliverables and adherence to SDLC and policies by third party resources.
• Providing day-to-day technical leadership for Cassandra Big Data and ensuring stable systems availability, performance, compliance and security.
• The Sr. Software Engineer is often solving data relationship problems, and often solves these problems by designing process’s and data structures to ensure data integrity across applications. The solutions need to be robust enough to support company growth and changing business priorities.
• The Sr. Software Engineer also solves problems in response to business questions/problems. Frequent research of job schedules and program logic are methods to solve many of these types of questions.
• Engineer and develop high complexity and high volume, scalable applications.
• Test and debug application programs.
• Having significant functional knowledge on key modules.
• Interpret and translate business specifications into technical specifications.
• Make technical recommendations on designs as well as technical improvements.
• Create and/or update user and applications documentation.
• Able to create user training documents and conduct training sessions if required.
• Participate in on-call rotation and assist Functional Analysts in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
• Available 24x7 during on-call rotation via pager/cell phone.
• Additional tasks as assigned by other senior personnel.
• Work additional/flexible hours when needed to meet deadlines or business requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of post-secondary education, training and experience as determined by a reliable credentials evaluation service) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Engineering or related field, and more than 8 years of IT related experience.
• Appropriate Master’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Engineering or related field, can be counted as up to 2 years of additional experience.
• 6 years of hands-on experience in applications development with Java and J2EE
• 2 years of hands-on experience in Cassandra Big data development with Apache SPARK, SCALA and KAFKA
• Ability to multitask; good communication skills (both oral and written); good time management skills.
• Ability to work as a positive contributor to a team.