Role : Sr. Software Engineer - EDI
Location : Keene, NH
Duration : Fulltime
The EDI Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for development, testing, system configuration, and issue troubleshooting.
- Responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of B2B EDI integration solutions in a large multi-partner supply chain environment using Gentran Integration Suite/Sterling Integrator system.
- The specific duties will include: Help manage Daily EDI activity and development.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reception and transmission of daily EDI transactions.
- Create and maintain new partnerships.
- Mentoring junior team members in developing and implementing EDI solutions using Gentran Integration Suite/Sterling Integrator system.
- Perform the role Tech Lead in administering the B2B platform to ensure high availability and zero downtime of this Business Critical System.
- Monitor EDI production systems and operations and take appropriate actions to resolve system failures.
- Set up and maintain trading partnerships (setup EDI communications, setup EDI partners in translator and TOS, maintain EDI contacts, etc.).
- Develop and test maps for messages in EDI, XML and proprietary formats. Develop SQL, PL/SQL, XML, XSLT programs and UNIX shell scripts for data integration & reporting.
- Analyze business requirements for EDI and develop functional & technical delivery specifications for application developers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve EDI processing issues for internal and external partners. Investigate and reprocess EDI files in case of processing errors.
- Enhance current monitoring system to track end-to-end processing of EDI messages. Make continuous improvements to EDI infrastructure and technologies (workflow, translation, monitoring, version upgrades, component re-writes, etc.).
- Create and Maintain EDI documentation, such as work instructions, design specifications and implementation procedures.
- Contact trading partners EDI group and communication providers to resolve data transmission issues. Understand, manage, and assure compliance with regulatory & Compliance procedures, and protocols.
- Provide thought leadership in evolving efficient technical solutions for integrating Systems and API development and promote best practices, ensuring productive operations & business continuity.
- Interact with internal and external technical staff to resolve issues and conduct integration testing.
- Provide 24/7 on-call production operations emergency response in regular rotation with other team members.
- Working Knowledge of Linux, Unix and Windows environments
- Working Knowledge of Oracle SQL & PLSQL, J2EE, Unix Scripting
- Good written and oral communication skills
Minimum requirements are:
Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or in an Engineering field, or closely related and five (5) years of experience in supply chain and logistics EDI transaction design using EDI translator Sterling Integrator/GIS and BPML
OR Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or in an Engineering field, or closely related and three (3) years of experience in supply chain and logistics EDI transaction design using EDI translator Sterling Integrator/GIS and BPML.
Experience must include: Three (3) years as technology lead, designing, developing and implementing B2B EDI technology solutions related with Supply Chain logistics. Three (3) years’ experience in integrating EDI systems with other Enterprise Application (ERP) systems involving Service Oriented Architecture framework based solutions.