The Senior Software Engineer will create solutions to business problems through the design and programming of applications. The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in all aspects of application development including analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal applications and may provide work leadership to other members on staff.
Specific duties will include:
- Research job schedules and program logic to develop solutions to business questions and problems.
- Design processes and data structures to ensure data integrity across applications.
- Develop high complexity Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) applications using PL/SQL, SQL, Java and JSP on Oracle 11g databases using Java. J2EE technologies include Spring 4.2.8 and Struts 1.0.
- Test and debug web based and back end application programs developed using PL/SQL, SQL, Java and JSP on Oracle 11g databases using Java 1.8, Java Data Base Connectivity technology (JDBC). Understand, test and debug applications using both Object Oriented Designs (OOD) and traditional procedural designs.
- Interpret and translate business specifications into technical specifications through communications with warehouse managers and business analysts.
- Make technical recommendations on designs of new WMS applications as well as technical improvements to existing WMS applications.
- Create and/or update user and WMS application documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation and assist IT Help Desk Analyst in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Read and modify UNIX scripts and processes.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Engineering, Business, or related discipline or foreign equivalent.
- Six years’ experience developing, testing and debugging web applications preferably using Java, and Oracle 11g backend.